I have been tagged by the fabulous Mrs. X and I could not be more thrilled. I had anticipated completing my list yesterday. Friday afternoons are surely not meant for productivity, the work kind that is. Alas, it was not meant to be, but here goes.
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules.
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people.
5) Make sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting what you did.
1. I can't give away, sell, toss out or otherwise discard a book. Makes no difference if I loved it or hated it, I can't bear to part with a book. I have boxes of books in my basement, which, I'm sure, are condos for vermin and saturated with mold. No difference. I've kept every book I ever purchased for law school. Had I sold them at the end of each semester I could have retired my student loans. They now sit on my shelf, never to be consulted again. Weapons of malpractice, they are so out of date.
2. Along the same lines, I get squirmy if I don't have a stack of unread books on my bedside table. I read several at once. Makes no difference what they are, I'll read anything. Spy trash, biographies, cookbooks, novels, histories. Except sports. I don't read about sports.
3. I cannot abide chicken wings. I waited tables at a place called "Chiefs Wings & Firewater" in college. On Wednesdays, you could buy a dozen wings for 99 cents. (Budweiser longnecks were also 99 cents.) Drenched in buffalo sauce, served with blue cheese dressing and celery. I would come home from work smelling and looking like a chicken wing drenched in sauce. I haven't eaten a wing since 1991. I can't stand the look, smell, taste or mention of chicken wings to this day. Come to think of it, I haven't had a Bud since 1991 either.
4. I have gorgeous feet. Now, I know how that sounds, but I didn't say that I have legs a Rockette would envy or a face that would launch the Trojon War, part deux. (That would be a bit of a stretch.) But the truth is my feet are really pretty. And you can't gain weight in your feet. Or need Botox in your feet. Good, ol reliable feet. Probably why I have a thing for sandals.
5. Animated movies. I. Simply. Love. Them. Love them. Disney, Pixar. I own them all. Long ago I abandoned the charade of bringing a small child with me to see the newest animated movie. I think I enjoy them more than small children. Laugh out loud, tears streaming down your face enjoyment. Ratatouille, Shrek, the Incredibles, Cars. I'm smiling now.
6. The hair down my right part is almost all gray. Ok, white. It's difficult for the mere mortal to see because I get my natural blond highlights reapplied every six weeks. When my hair is wet and parted, I resemble a crested bird of some kind because all the gray (white) hairs I've plucked out previously have grown to about an inch and stand straight up.
That was fun.
I'm loving this chain letter thing, by the way. I'm going to tag Luna at http://lifefromhere.wordpress.com/; and Tabi at http://artofbeinginfertile.blogspot.com/; and Heather at http://www.saltandpickles.com because I think we all need a little levity.