I've decided a better use of my time this resolution-making season is to take a good look at the me of last year, give a few atta girls where deserved and a few might-want-to-tweaks where necessary. So here goes:
- I had a great year professionally; took on a lot of responsibility; learned to set aside my fear of criticism and sought feedback, even when it was hard to hear; learned to be a better boss; also learned how to let go. Overall, Atta Girl.
- Forgiveness. It's easier to forgive a stranger than it is someone close who hurt you. I've got some steps to take before I get this right. Some ego to set aside. I'm going to work on this.
- Last year was my first full year of marriage with E. And never in my deepest heart of hearts did I believe I would have this much happiness. I get an Atta Girl for choosing really, really well.
- Stress. Umm. Well. Uh. I will definitely work very hard to learn how to manage this better. I am not a pretty girl when I'm stressed.
- Relationships. I have a lovely family and wonderful friends. For that I get an Atta Girl. We can always strengthen relationships. We can--should--strive to be kinder, more understanding, less judgmental, less demanding. I'll keep working on this.
So that's my review of 2007. Overall, (double negative coming) it wasn't a bad year. In fact, there was a lot of joy in 2007--lovely first year of marriage, wonderful home, supportive family and friends, and the hope, oh the hope, of solving this infertility dilemma. I believed that in vitro would work, it didn't, I was crushed. But I still believe that it will work. Have to.
Bring it on, 2008.