Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pronounem correctus

It's a boy! An 18 week boy child who looks mighty cute on an anatomy scan. I have been out of town and up to my eyeballs in work so I haven't had time to update like I want. But I will, oh I will.

One concern is that the ultrasound tech mentioned I have "marginal previa," which sounds ominous and scary. Dr. Google seems to indicate that most instances of marginal previa correct themselves. But, as one never content to view the glass as half full when it comes to my tenuous grasp on fertility, I will be grilling my ob tomorrow for the real skinny. My hope is to avoid full scale freakout until then.

If anyone is still reading this, thanks for sticking around. More substantive posts forthcoming. (Oh, and it was fun to type the word "skinny" because I am officially out of normal clothes. After my four safety pins imploded and impaled my tender belly I broke down and bought some big girl clothes. Bliss.)

12 comments:

Io said...

A boy! A boy! Oh Melanie, that's wonderful.


Now step away from Dr. Google!

Rebeccah said...

Yay, a boy!!! : )

Boo, previa : (

And let's hear it for comfy clothes!!

Paula Keller said...

YAY! A boy!

I hope the previa works itself out. The tiny bit that I know about pregancy, is that previas often do correct themselves.

Thank you so much for your comment! It made me immediately feel better.

Especially the wine part. :)

Did you try the bella band?

Denise said...

A little boy!!! I'm so glad things are going well. Aside from the previa. From what I've heard, it does often correct itself over time.

Momasita said...

A boy! That's fabulous.

I agree with lo - step away from Dr. Google!

Ashley said...

I had a partial (posterior) previa at 12 weeks, a just barely sorta kinda partial/marginal at 20 weeks, and by 26 weeks, judging from where I was feeling punches, the placenta had moved up and well out of the way of my cervix.

Congrats on the boy!

Birdee said...

YAY! Congrats on a Boy!! That is so awesome.

I had to close my last blog but want to invite you to my private blog (it got in the hands of the WRONG People and blew up in my face)
Anyway, if you'd still like to be a reader, e-mail me at bloggerfriends@yahoo.com and I'll send an invite.

Enjoy your new Big girl clothes (all I call them, my phat clothes)

Birdee said...

OMG! I just realized, I'm so Jealous, You know what your having and I dont yet (pout)Oh well, 4 more days =D

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Congrats on the healthy boy! Cute is a bonus.

Hope the previa resolves itself. You've been through enough already!

Natika said...

Oh BOY!!!!!
Just don't work too much.
Congrats!

Shinejil said...

Hooray!

Apparently a lot of p previa does fix itself, as the placenta migrates north, to the top of the ute. So no need to panic yet.

I know, right.

Unknown said...

i had mild previa and it totally corrected itself!