Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A few comments on comments

When I started blogging, I made the decision not to review and approve comments. Let 'em post has been my attitude. I've received some snarky posts in the five months I've been blogging, but the majority has been funny, supportive, thought-provoking, indeed lifelines in many instances. I've got a fairly thick skin (particularly as a result of countless outer quadrant of the buttocks injections) so no snarkism has particularly offended me and I've never felt the need to address any of them. (Plus, I'm sure that I'm so charming in real life that I would eventually win over the naysayers given the chance.)

I received a comment to a recent post asking me to remove a comment another person left because she felt it was addressing something she wrote on her blog. My feelings about that request aside, I still adhere to my original decision. Let 'em post. I welcome your thoughts, your disagreements, and, oh so very much, your support.

Thanks for listening. As always.

5 comments:

Io said...

I don't have a horse in that comments race, so nothing to say there, but I totally laughed out loud at - "I've got a fairly thick skin (particularly as a result of countless outer quadrant of the buttocks injections"

Unknown said...

this is all well and good, but what about your second beta? :)
heather (s&p)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

Results of second beta please?

On the comment thing, I'll just say that things aren't always as they seem-I really don't want to add fuel to the firestorm that was entirely unintentional. I can explain if you want to leave me your email address on my blog.

Carrie said...

I'm shouting for beta #2 too.
It is a shame when the comments get ugly. I really think people on this community have good hearts. It's usually a misunderstanding. Hope it all resolved itself.